May 14

My times in Denmark

For the Student blogging challenge we had to write about either, What makes a good family, A global issue that you would like to solve,  Your future, or Visiting overseas and I chose Visiting overseas.

Every one and a half years my family and I travel across the globe to Denmark to see family that live over there. Denmark is a small country above Germany and has a population of about 5.5 million (more than New Zealand!) Most of my Mums side of the family come from Denmark so that’s why we go there quite a lot.

In Denmark it snows nearly every Winter and we sometimes have snowball fights and we have a lot of hot chocolate! Denmark is where Lego was invented and there is a big Lego factory next to the very first Legoland. Denmark is different to Wellington in a lot of ways, like the fact that they have train stations in pretty much every suburb, and that they drive on the right side of the road, they have a Queen and lots of other small differences.

Denmark has a lot of islands around it but the bit that is not an island is called Jutland. The biggest island is called Zealand and the 2nd largest is called Funen. The capital of Denmark is Copenhagen and has a population of around 1.25 million, and is on the island of Zealand.

Hope you enjoyed reading this post all about Denmark and for more info on Denmark click the link: http://denmark.dk/imgresDenmark_Travel

Posted May 14, 2016 by danielj123 in category Uncategorized